Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Websites we don't totally miss.

A little while ago my main man Johnny Turk did one of these about cool websites we miss, well Johnny is currently mixing the new Toto album and appearing in court in Vancouver for defacing the lead singer from Pointed Sticks fence, so he's busy and can't post this, so I am!

Sgt Savage's Site: Take the biggest self important douchebags from the Devils Due board, give the biggest of them all a site with zero content and a lame forum and you have this site. I think Savage got ran out of town for being a total clownshoe when everyone finally wised up and it evolved into another contentless site, Joe Battle Lines.

Covert Missions: Guys posting about toys on an "invite only" forum is much like a MENSA meeting. I've never been to a MENSA meeting, so I can only assume it's full of the types of people who wear sweater vests and listen to the Dave Matthews Band.

Eagle Eye Joe's Site: The best thing that happened to this place was the time it got hacked and said he died.

MADERIC's Dio Stories: I remember this guy posted about how his super dio was going to be so amazing, you know full of cardboard battleships and Mighty Ducks T-shirts. Then when he posted his first "chapter" it was blurry pictures that looked like they we're taken with a disposable camera.

Devils Due Forum: DOCSETH81 IS A KOOL GUY

Well thats all the ones I can think of right now, I gotta go because I probably have to drive up to Canada and bust Johnny Turk out of the metal clink.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I luv no content sites. It's all about flash! Smoking cigarettes and looking good!

Anonymous said...

Woah, without Joe Battlelines, there's be one less forum for Gennie Hawk to moderate.

dv said...

I couldn't agree with you more, Fred! Joebattlelines is just perfect, all the way from its finely sculpted webgear to its INTENSE double shotgun. Anything else would be redeculous.

Final thoughts, Fred?

Anonymous said...

"Redeculous", is that short for "red delicious?" Reminds me of the guy who got "devorced", his wife took him for all his "i's" apparently.

dv said...

that is how justin liberty-belle hawk and fred "general's fred meyer t. dragon" meyer spell ridiculous. get with the times!

Dr. Henry E. Miller said...

If this blog ever wants to become too legit to quit, me and Johnny Turk have to start typing in bold and italics about how articulation issues shouldn't be a problem because the molded on wristwatch is so well sculpted.

dv said...

this is where we have to agree to disagree, Fred. that wristwatch is just a leftover from wave 1.5 and i for one will be ecstatic if hasbro never uses it again!

Dr. Henry E. Miller said...

Well when I first saw it through the glass at the convention I was skeptical, but after buying it anyway I have to change my opinion to soften the blow of my money disappearing and so Hasbro will keep reading our website!

Anonymous said...

I have a confession; I've never been a wristwatch fan. I thought they were unnecessary and pointless, but this one BLOWS ME AWAY. Hasbro has brought back wristwatches in a BIG WAY. I totally change my opinions on wristwatches.