Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stupid Shit FROM THE PAST

Johnny Turk was gonna post this but he's busy scoping out the Serbian Punk scene for bands for our puppet record label, also he has to appear in court in Wyoming for defacing a statue:


For a lark, I decided that it was time for another Stupid things said this week, however I looked at the google group and decided it was instead time for “Stupid things said like 8 goddamn years ago”

Starting it off is a star of most of our tags, complaining about someone saying his custom had paint wipes “I fail to see any reasonable comparison between what Hasbro is doing and a
long-ago customized figure which I did for the sheer absurdity of it (or so I thought).
Nor do I appreciate being mocked over a matter which is of legitimate concern 
to a number of collectors. It's juvenile minds such as yours that are ruining this hobbyI fail to see any reasonable comparison between what Hasbro is doing and a long-ago customized figure which I did for the sheer absurdity of it (or so I thought). Nor do I appreciate being mocked over a matter which is of legitimate concern to a number of collectors. It's juvenile minds such as yours that are ruining this hobby”

Man I miss the wildwest days of the internet, harassment between nerds on Ebay of all places: “Mike Fountain operates under any/all of the following eBay user IDs. 
Do not be fooled by his feedback ratings. This individual is a 
hateful, foul-mouthed, malicious liar.

De-Aco 
*untouchable* 
*brown-eyes* 
the-baddest!

He has a number of idiot friends which he lists on his "About Me" eBay 
page. These individuals will conspire to win an eBay auction 
(typically GI Joe), which is fair enough, but they never fail to send 
some of the rudest, juvenile taunts to the losing bidder(s) or 
sometimes to some or all auction participants before the auction 
closes. They also frequently pad each other's feedback ratings and 
perform questionable bidding practices within each other's auctions.”

Holy fuck, I forgot people used too take Steel Brigade seriously at one point: “I'm sorry to be reading this and to know such tactics happen in the JOE World of Collectors. That's probably one of the reasons I stay off of Ebay. I checked out this guys page and saw he has it out for Commander Lane himself (what a shock)!!! When I asked Dave about it - he told me the story of how this guy bullies other bidders and people are afraid to bid against him and his group. Seems the Commander has spared no expense to put this guy down and beat him at his own game. Now he's out for revenge....what drama, can't we all just get along!”

Man I wish Mike Fountain was still using the Internet (from his Televison):

All that Corey is intrested in is money. A while back alot of Joe 
collectors on Ebay were getting the Happy99 virus. I asked Corey to put 
up some type of warning or information about it. Corey replied, "most 
people cannot afford my services." Like he is god or something... Corey 
you are a legend in your own mind. As far as I care, Corey you can post 
on and on about me. It shows that you are always thinking of me. We will 
call it, "The Story Of Mike "De-Aco" Fountain, Though The Eyes Of Corey 
Stinson". Write on Corey, see what other meaningless stuff you can 
write, I think you are out of ideas, but I hope you can come up with 
something. It really does not matter because your words are nothing”

Fuck, I wish that was on Youtube. Seriously, I would love too see a newscast involving Wheeler’s collection and threat of no 3/34 inch joes on the net “I've taken this to the media! I was able to get a local newscast to cover my collection AND the present problem. One of the local newspapers may do likewise”

Okay this was only 3 years ago but still, who the fuck is on AOL by choice (by choice I mean not using those 3 months free CD’s that they probably don’t make anymore) “I just got a notice that the AOL Newsgroup service will be discontinued in early 2005. " For members using AOL over a dial up connection, you will no longer be able to access Newsgroups"....sigh....They also said to try Google-but that doesn't work for me either... So I guess the party is over for me here. It's a shame too as I LOVED this site and had fun buying, selling and trading with everyone here. I've been having trouble lately getting on here and then seeing any new posts. I won't even know if this post will make it on-but I hope so.”

I think I found the first incident of a jerk using Gristle with Alley Vipers: “ But Undertow is a unique figure too, I'll be using him as the Eel commader, like Gristle is to the Alley-Vipers.”

Man really fucking creepy people have been on the joe scene for years here’s someones favorite card/box art: “Counting down...

8. Scarlett ver. 2 
7. Lady Jaye 
6. Chun-Li (notice a pattern?) 
5. Zarana 
4. Wolverine Missile Tank 
3. Scarlett ver. 1 
2. Glenda 
and finally 
1. Baroness”

Well I’m bored of this shit now so enjoy what you got, and don’t complain half assed Stupid Things Said this week is a lot better than no Stupid shit said this week. SUPPORT THE SMASH THE STATE PARTY LINE U GUYZ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stinson vs. Fountain vs. Lane! Fabulous Fandom Feuds!

Undertow is a unique figure? Thousands were produced. Not "unique".

Have you ever mentioned how WHEELER HATED THE U.N. STYLE LOGO ON MICRO MACHINES GIJOE SETS? No one even remembers those sorry little sets now.