Tuesday, October 14, 2008

BIG BAD SNAKE OIL SALESMEN

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS16275&mode=retail


Yes they want 30 bucks, almost 40 dollars shipped for a action figure you can't even reasonably play with, but you see these aren't children's toys they are ADULT COLLECTIBLES! So you gotta get ready to pay THE BIG BUCKS! Of course you gotta give these hard earned minimum wage bucks to the one place that has almost single handedly turned G.I Joe collecting into a terrible cesspool of inflated prices and angry nerds tossing money hand over hamfist at the snake oil salesmen peddling these mass produced "rare" goods.

Too bad I didn't buy the one I saw in the toy rack at a Stop And Shop for 6 bucks, I coulda made enough money to go see a movie and buy dinner at Wendys! Or enough to fill a quarter of the tank on my Dodge Challenger so I could've done a sweet ass burnout on the lawns of people with McCain/Palin signs, and just crashed right into the one house with the Ron Paul sign.

Wiggity-Weak!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't bash them here, they are a sponsor.

Oh, wait, I forgot I this isn't yojoe.com's forums.

I like what I'm hearing about Wraith, he beaks if you move his arms. That's the kinda of quality I expect for $8. It's like fans saying you have put figures in the freezer to loosen their joints. Talk about settling for less.

Anonymous said...

Fans decry scalpers and assign the "neckbeard" 500 lb loser stereotype to them, which not wholly inaccurate, but you have internet store scalpers like Big Bad Toy Store, Brian's Toys and yes, even smalljoes.com, who used to carry Toys R US exclusives under the guise of making it easier for foreign fans to get them, but they dropped that pretense altogether.