Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Websites we totally miss

The Joe community has had a bunch of tools who like everything, a lot of poorly designed websites and a few that kicked a lot of ass that no longer exist or aren't updated. Here's a few I wish were still around:

Zartans Domain. Too bad a negative comment about a shitty comic got guys pissed off enough to report censored drawings of toys fucking.

The Cobra Cabana http://www.geocities.com/amazingaman/cobracabana.html the dio stories on this are better than a certain one featuring a biblepuncher, or one where HIT AND RUN ESCAPES IN THE VERMONTILLIAN RAINFOREST

Felix DeCobra's website, man this guy knew how to army build stuff, because like 12 mint and complete Crimson Guards is way better than 80 Wave 1.5 Vipers

The G.I.Joe Warfare dios, hey good stories and ya know not writing in characters because you gotta show guys you like Obscure dudes!

Extensive Enterprises, fuck I can't even remember which this site was about it's been so long.

The BADDEST MEN ON EbAY: Fuck you guys Wolves and sewer grates are the best

Raven's castings, I'd much rather have bootleged hasbro weapons that I know won't fuck my figure's hands up.

Anyways this list was a lot bigger in my head, but I totally forgot a lot of them because nowadays the community is so fractured into "Idiots" and "Regular dudes" and then the idiots have stuck themselves into Site with to many rules 1 Site With to Many Rules and an outdated Archive, and A site full of new fans and lenient moderation. And this site I hope

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that last closure of Zartan's Domain was all me. I swear I've mellowed out slightly. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yojoe.com is the one I miss. The real one, before sponsor-happy shills took it over. Before it 2 minutes to load on DSL because of the ad banners for TOY SCREW-U(50% mark-up over retail), BIG ASS TOY STORE (just because we carry other stores' exclusives doesn't mean we are scalpers), CORNER TOY SHOPPE (just like you non-existent local toy store...if was operated by Mike Fountain). Yeah, the domain cost money, blah, blah...but what's the point when you get frustrated with the place after 5 minutes.

Anonymous said...

I miss GAY GI JOE THEATER. It ended before we found out if Duke managed to seduce Bazooka.

I guess Gennie Hawk's dios are good for subtle gay themes.